Monday 19 November 2012

Colour Combinations - Calling All Math Geeks...

Just a little side project taking shape, I'm making lots of little circles, numbers are growing nicely...

Still a few more to make before I join them...
I'm using five colours, each circle is made of 3 colours and I'm wondering how many I can get before I need to repeat the colour combination? I'm sure there must be a mathematical equation to work this out. So if anyone out there is super brainy (or knows someone super brainy) can they let me know the answer / equation please? Be eversograteful  xxxx

1 comment:

  1. From Stuart Donohoe on Facebook :: 60 if you don't use the same colour more than once on each circle.... you have 5 choices for the 1st colour, for each of those you have 4 colours left for the 2nd colour (so that's 5x4),...then for each of those (20) you have 3 choices for your 3rd colour... 5x4x3 =60

    39 minutes ago (via Facebook) · brilliant, thanks Stuart!!!!

    ReplyDelete