Sunday 23 September 2012

Patchwork Union Flags

 This year you can't help seeing union flag designs all over.  The diamond jubilee and the Olympics have given us the excuse to wear red,white and blue to put out the bunting! I wanted to make a union flag and spent ages working out the dimensions to make sure it was as accurate as possible. I used a bundle of red,white and blue vintage feel cotton to make this one for our utility room.
I used the pattern again to make this spotty version for my sons classroom for the Jubilee party they held at his school, and of course the bunting made great decoration too. By the way, is it union flag or union jack?  I don't know for sure but I think when referring to the union jack it's got to be on a ship? Are pirates involved?

No comments:

Post a Comment